The EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM offers the highest possible optical quality with no change in aperture over the full focal range of the lens. This allows photographers to set exposure at the widest aperture and zoom all the way through to 105mm without having to vary the shutter speed. It is the perfect lens for professional photographers looking for a lightweight and extended zoom alternative to its EF 24-70mm f2.8L USM counterpart. The lens employs an almost perfectly circular barrel aperture, helping create attractive, defocused backgrounds.he EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM includes distance metering information, providing compatibility with the E-TTL II flash system of late-model cameras such as the EOS-1D Mark II N and EOS 5D. When used in conjunction with Canon’s range of EX Speedlite flash units, the lens passes distance information to the flash algorithm for markedly improved flash exposure metering. To match the weather resistance afforded by EOS-1 professional camera bodies, an O-ring seals the lens against the lens mount and numerous seals around the lens’ moving components provide protection against the ingress of dust and moisture.
AF Mode and IS switches have been reshaped, making them less susceptible to being engaged or disengaged accidentally.The EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM comes with a bayonet mount lens hood EW-83H and soft lens pouch LP1219. In keeping with Canon’s Kyosei philosophy of living in harmony with the environment, the lens features only lead-free glass.
- 24-105mm standard zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 1 Super UD glass element and 3 aspherical lenses minimize chromatic aberration and distortion
- Ring-type USM system delivers silent but quick autofocus (AF); full-time manual focus
- Image Stabilizer technology steadies camera shake at up to 3 stops; weighs 23.6 ounces
- Dust- and moisture-resistant; measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.2 inches long; 1-year warranty